At S6, the health and safety of our clients and our team members is our number one priority.
We are very much aware of the growing concerns around coronavirus (Covid-19) and the important role that both our staff and our cliemts have, in keeping healthy.
Whilst the Government has provided public information and guidelines that we are closely following, ie. reminding members that regular, thorough handwashing with soap and water throughout your visit is imperative; we wanted to let you know of the extra steps we are taking and to ask you for your help.
In areas where handwashing is not immediately available, we encourage you to use the hand sanitiser which you will find available in the classroom while we have stock. Please do NOT remove these to ensure it is available for other members to use.
All students will be asked to wash their hands and apply the sanitiser provided.
We have increased availability of disinfectant cleaning products in the classroom and have already deep cleaned all areas of the classroom. We politely ask that you help us by using these products to wipe down all equipment after you have used it. Namely desks and PC equipment.
We have asked our staff to ensure there is enough time at the end of group classes to clean down. We may have to finish classes a few minutes earlier to make sure this happens but hope that you understand the reasons why we may have to do this.
In particular, members of staff have been asked to carry out the following:
1. Wipe down all chairs and table areas with hot soapy water and a bleach spray.
2. Ensure the bin is removed from the classroom after every lesson
3. All areas have hoovered in preparation for the cleaners to bleach the floor every evening and deep clean the toilet area
Our cleaning teams continue to be vigilant and are focused on cleaning all items that are commonly touched, ie. doors handles, toilet flushes, card readers etc. – and we have stepped up the cleaning routine. Again we would ask for your support and co-operation for any inconvenience this may cause.
In summary we would ask:
* Please do not come to the classroom if you are unwell
* Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
* Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser
* Please use the cleaning sprays to wipe down equipment after use
* With immediate effect, there will no longer be food allowed in the classroom so please provide your child without a bottle of water. This is to minimise hand to mouth contamination.
We ask anyone who is concerned that they may have encountered the virus to follow the Government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance.
The latest Government advice is available here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
I look forward to seeing you in the classroom as normal,